Saturday, January 8, 2011

Corporate Espionage?



I read in the WSJ recently that allegations had been levelled at China for instigating some corporate espionage at French car manufacturer, Renault. I had to laugh. If you're not familiar with Renault, they are renowned for being the most unreliable cars in the European market. So the thought of some Chinese manufacturers stealing secrets from Renault just mean that the market would be flooded with crappy Chinese cars as well as French ones! It urns out that Renault are partnered with Nissan, who have shared their electric battery technology with Renault. Whoops!

4 comments:

  1. If I were the Chinese manufacturer I would go after the Fiat Panda, that's a quality automobile.

    Makes me wonder why someone would want to steal secrets from a unreliable car manufacturer. My only guess is that they like how cheap they can be made. Which in turn would increase their profits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having lived in China... any new cars would be an improvement. like.. 70% of the cars I saw were the same model (no, I don't remember which one). though I did read a thing recently talking about how the Chineses were getting into SUVs. Which won't be a good thing because China doesn't have environmental laws (that I know of). The Air Pollution there is horrible..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do give credit to a lot of auto industries pushing for advancements, and innovations, but I have never been a fan of the same old thrown together cars for the public to consume. Waste of money is always a drag. Now a good strategy would be that they invest into a worth while Hydro/Solar panel car that really works. Then again Like my mom always has said cars should be "bueno, bonito, Y barato".(good, cute, and cheap)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we all know that things from China only contain lead and can be potentially dangeroues. Now they are going spy like and stealing information is a sign they are going to take over the world one crappy product at a time.

    ReplyDelete